Thursday, June 7, 2007

Hair Troubles



When we moved here last year I had to find someone to cut my hair. My sister was going to a girl that was really good and also really expensive. I reluctantly went to her and she did a fabulous job with my hair. I just hated forking out the $35 each time I wanted my hair cut. Although I only cut my hair about three times a year I still thought I could do better. A few months ago my sister's beautician friend moved here. She was just cutting hair in her kitchen and only charging$12. I have been in desperate need of a haircut and decided to take advantage of getting a cheaper hair cut during the summer when I pull my hair up into a pony tale most days anyway. I figured that this way, even if it was a bad haircut it wouldn't matter as much.

Yesterday when I got home from my hair appointment my hair looked like picture #1. I panicked! I'm not sure how the back got so uneven. The front looked fine, but the back was awful. In this girls defense she was cutting my hair with 3 kids in the room (Ainsley being one of them) and I ended up holding her baby on my lap part of the time and probably wasn't holding very still.

I worried about it all last night. I couldn't come up with a way to hide the unmistakable unevenness. I had been told several times before I left her house to call if there were any problems but I felt stupid doing that. This morning I finally worked up the courage and called her. I told her about the problem in a very nice way. She felt bad and so I went back this afternoon for another little hair session. She fixed the back and now I really like the cut (picture #2 obviously). I have to admit that the $35 haircut is still better though. Now I just have to decide how much I want to pay for a cut in the future. FYI....it is very hard to take a picture of the back of your head all by yourself!!!

3 comments:

shellydinger said...

Wow that is a big difference. I always hate going back and asking them to fix something too. I get my hair cut in a kitchen as well :) Trimmed is probably a better word

Kohl said...

You were brave to call and get it fixed. I probably would have tried to to it myself. Yikes! The cut looks great!

Heather I. said...

Awww, don't you miss Kelly? I do!!! Even still whenever I'm in Vegas I try to make time for a quick cut at least....
But, yours #2 looks great:)