Saturday, June 9, 2007

A bit of bragging....

I don't often include stories on our blog about John's work. I guess most of it is completely irrelevant to our family, and lets face it, once you have kids your whole life revolves around them. But there has been a noteworthy event that I thought I would blog about even though it will take a bit of an explanation for the news to seem that big.

Friday was John's last day of doing misdemeanor work. On Monday he will begin working on a felony team! Why is this news big you ask...because no prosecutor (as far as I know) has ever done that in his office before. Being a true government job any ladder climbing is almost always based solely on seniority. First you are on a magistrate team (handling misdemeanors), then you advance to a juvenile team, then you get put on a prelim team (a felony prep team of sorts), and then finally you work your way up to a felony team.

Needless to say everyone that John skipped now hates him. I'm just assuming that they do because I think I might. But I'm just excited for him. This whole thing is also kind of comical because ever since John started he has felt like he would never get to a felony team because there were just too many people that had to quit or advance for him to ever get there. And here he is starting on a felony team less than a year after passing the bar! (Now we are just hoping they remember how much they love him when raise time comes around this fall).

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Congratulations! John has a lot going for him -- and his "people skills" are at the top of the list. I'm really happy for you guys... Are you going to get TiVo now?

shellydinger said...

Congrats! That is wonderful!!

Heather I. said...

Go John! It has been so long since I've seen you guys that it is funny to imagine him as this big lawyer:)