Friday, June 22, 2007

Sweet 16! Shiver me timbers!







We are all pooped from the fun and festive birthday party last night. It was a surprise party and those are always more fun to plan. The fun part about this one was that Syd thought she was planning her party. We just planned it for the night before she planned her own. She sat with me while I made her invitations and then when it came time to print them out my mom distracted her and I changed the time and date. Kind of funny that she passed out the invitations for her own surprise party.

All day yesterday my mom, sister, and I worked on the party. My dad took Syd out to lunch and a movie while we decorated and got everything set up. Syd loves "Pirates" and wanted that to be the theme of her party. We combined it with a Survivor theme so that there would be fun things to do. Captain Jack Sparrow was nice enough to show up and pose for pictures. Syd was completely surprised! After dinner the girls did a treasure hunt and even had to dig up their treasure. There were pool races and diving challenges. A gross food eating contest where they had to eat things like butter, mustard, raw potato, and other random condiments. A tribal council meeting finished out the night where the girls had to choose their team winner around a fire. Kortney even made a pirate ship cake! They all seemed to have a lot of fun. I let Ainsley stay for the whole party so she didn't get to bed until about 11:00 last night, but you have to have fun once in a while!

2 comments:

shellydinger said...

I've been waiting to hear how it all went! It looks like so much fun, that pirate cake looks amazing!

Kohl said...

You guys are all so creative. What a fun party! Will you come and do one for one my kids? :)